Cauliflower pizza crust is crispy, flavorful, and healthy. Whether you’re looking to cut down on carbs, have a healthier diet, or are gluten-free, cauliflower crust is a great substitute! We won’t lie to you and say that cauliflower crust tastes the same as a traditional pizza crust, however, it is still delicious and some people actually prefer the cauliflower crust taste over the traditional crust. In this post, we will give you some insight into the nutritional value of cauliflower crusts as well as how to make your own cauliflower crust right at home!
Is Cauliflower Pizza Crust Healthy?
In the past few years, cauliflower has become extremely popular. People are loving using cauliflower as a low carb or gluten-free alternative to traditional flour pizza crust. When eating a pizza made with cauliflower crust, you can let loose and eat a couple of extra pieces and not overeat or feel too full.
Cauliflower nutritional facts:
- Keep your bones healthy because it is rich in vitamins K and C.
- Helps detox your liver.
- Reduces high blood pressure and strengthens the immune system.
- High in antioxidants and fiber.
Ingredients for Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Cauliflower: You’ll need a large head of cauliflower, about 2.5 – 3 lbs.
- Egg: The egg will help hold the cauliflower dough together
- Cheese: Cheese will help bind the cauliflower into a crust while baking.
- Spices: Spices such as oregano, basil, or an Italian mix will add extra flavor to the crust. You can also add salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
How to Make Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Cut up the cauliflower by cutting the florets off the head one by one.
- Put the cauliflower in a food processor until it has a “rice” texture.
- Spread the rice on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Then take it out and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Use a linen tea towel or cheesecloth to line a large bowl.
- Transfer the cooked cauliflower to the bowl.
- Squeeze all of the water out using the cheesecloth or tea towel. Squeeze very well so you can remove all the liquid.
- Combine the egg, cheese, and spices with the dry cauliflower and mix well.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use your hands to flatten the cauliflower mixture into a flat crust.
- Bake the crust at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- To make it extra crispy, flip the crust and bake for a few more minutes.
- Add your toppings and bake until the toppings are melted and ready to eat!
Making your own cauliflower pizza crust is a fun activity for date night or a night with the family! However, it’s definitely an activity that takes some time and effort. If you’re looking to enjoy the low-carb, nutritional pizza crust but don’t have the time to make it yourself, NEO Pizza is here! At NEO Pizza we can make any of our signature pizzas with cauliflower crust or you can build your own pizza on a cauliflower crust. Let us do the work for you! Stop into any of our locations in Maryland or order online! Contact us with any questions by filling out a contact form or giving us a call!